Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Monday, October 17, 2011

I got a blog!

So, I made a blog.
The concept of a blog is so fascinating. It's basically an online diary that the whole world can read. Since I love to write, and talk, and rant, and post things on the Internet, it's surprising that I never made one before now.
Before you make fun of the title of this blog, let me explain myself. I wanted to come up with a name that encompasses a majority of the facets of my personality: my bloated ego, my obsession with children's entertainment, and my love of writing/talking about myself and the fun things that happen in the world.
The world really is a very funny place, when you stop to think about it.
But we'll save that for later...

Even though, hopefully, you already know me, let me indulge myself a little bit by sharing some info with you. This blog will mainly be about my experiences at BYU Provo--the most interesting college in the world. I am a freshman, in my second month. I know I should've started my blog right when I started school, but I am the queen of procrastination. I must confess, I am a nerd. Everything about me screams "This girl does not conform to social norms! She reads books for fun! And would watch a Disney movie over a chick flick any day!" But I'm ok with that. I like who I am, social awkwardness and all.
The most important things to know about me are 1) I love Harry Potter more than just about anything 2) I love my cats, and miss them very much. Hopefully I won't end up the crazy old cat lady all the neighbor kids terrorize, but it's still up in the air. 3) I really do enjoy being with people, and I really do love my family. I promise. 4) I make many, many references to entertainment. Finally, and most importantly, 5) I seriously love BYU. I am having so much fun it's ridiculous. Oh, and I'm learning lots of great stuff too. Yeah, college pretty much rocks, and I'll explain why in great detail right here in this blog.

I hope everyone finds my thoughts enlightening, or at least entertaining. It's 2 AM, I just got home from work, and I have stuff to do (like sleeping. Maybe.) so I will start posting the first of many, many fantastic stories tomorrow. Have fun, and try not to judge me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment