Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mating Season Part 2

In my last post, I talked a lot about how things are really different this semester. For instance, I went from watching real football to watching Madden football. But not playing. I'm afraid to do that. I'm such a girl. Maybe that's why I don't like girls very much. I already have so much femininity that adding anymore causes a girly-ness overload. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Mating season. Last semester one of my first posts was about the dating scene at BYU, and since then a couple of things have happened to necessitate a revision.

At this point, nearly everyone I know either has a girlfriend/boyfriend or likes someone. People are closer this semester because they've known each other longer, so you would think that more relationships (aka "serious dating") would develop, however, this semester we have to realize that all of the freshmen guys will be going on their missions in a couple of months. It seems pointless to start a relationship with someone when they're going to be gone by next semester, and who wants to wait two years for someone you've only been dating for a couple of months? The curse of BYU is this: you grow super close to people super quickly, and so you feel like you want to be with them forever, but you also realize that it's probably not going to last. Where do you draw the line between fun dating and serious dating? How many times do go out with someone before they become your boyfriend/girlfriend? What about the guys who have girlfriends back home? Will they wait? I can imagine that being a guy at BYU right before your mission can be frustrating, but it's worth it! Missions are great! And BYU is still fun.

I, personally, am not struggling with any deep emotional issues regarding the departure of missionaries. I mean, I'm really, really going to miss my friends, but I don't like anybody right now. That's right, I, Emily Hales, am not desperately pining away for some guy at this current time. It's been awhile, I know. Since this is the case, I regretfully must inform that any dates I go on for the next little bit will all be *gasp* fun dates. I know, I know. Not that I'm a big dater, but I went on one last Friday. It was a "fun" date, and it was actually fun!!! Maybe I was too quick to judge fun dates...Or not. You know, it doesn't matter what kinds of dates you go on, or even if you go on dates! It only matters if you're happy with your life. (Do you like these random pieces of advice I throw into my blog posts? It's cuz I'm a princess.)

So I was gonna do this big thing where I describe what goes through a girl's head as she's being asked and preparing for a date, but I changed my mind. Some final thoughts:

Monica (I'm Actually a Girl) is not, as a matter of fact, actually a girl. She took a personality test, and it rated her masculinity 86% and her femininity 46%. Poor Monica. That's what you get for spending every waking second at a very manly apartment. They're having a Madden tournament at 23 Broadbent (where Monica and I have been hanging out recently). I'm watching. Because I like being a girl.

The Creamery is still out of non-frozen chicken. It's extremely depressing.

Yep. That's my life. It's fun (and chicken-less).
Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment