Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cool Things That Happen At BYU

I know I just posted a couple of days ago, but I have to tell you about the first productive Saturday I've had this semester.
It started off on interesting note, as I thought I'd set my alarm for 9 AM, but it never went off. I woke up around 10:30, which was a problem because I had to take a test, and the Testing Center hands out the last tests at 3. Monica and I also had to go apartment hunting, and visiting hours end at 5. AND I had to get ready for the day and study for the test. I wasn't sure I could finish it all in time.
At 1:45, Monica and I finally set out to take our tests. Funnily enough, we both ended up making an 89. We nearly always get the same score. Not because we're cheating off each other, but because we have the same brain. Seriously. It can be a little freaky for our friends.
After the test, we set off to figure out our futures. I think I really am meant to be a city girl, because I love walking around the town. It's so nice being able to go wherever your feet carry you. Our feet carried us to Wendy's and finally to the Riviera, where we immediately decided we had found our future home. My decision was made the minute I walked through the office door. There were ten TV screens at various places in the lounge, and they were all turned to Friends. As soon as I saw Joey's face, I knew that I'd found the right place.
After finding our future residence, Monica and I returned "home" for a few minutes to prepare for DIVINE COMEDY! I love them very much. You would too, if you were a very nerdy Mormon, like me. I mean, look at this video!

Or this one!!!!


How could you not love them???? Check out more of their videos on YouTube. They do sketches and music videos.
Anyway, Monica and I always get a group together to go to their shows. I saw the "Best of" show in December twice. They're that good. Well, that's not the reason I went twice, but the real reason is a very long story which I am not going to tell. I keep getting distracted. Sorry. I'm talking on Facebook to the  people who I'm in the same room with right now. 
Last night was their first show of the semester. Monica, of course, went early to get us great seats. She was, of course, first in line. The show was, of course, amazing, and because Monica kind of knows one of the guys in Divine Comedy, she got us a picture with the whole group! You can see it on my Facebook. If you're not my Facebook friend, why are you creepily reading my blog? I don't even know you!
The picture was really exciting, but you know what was even more exciting? The group did a parody of Breaking Dawn at the end, and Matt Meese played Jacob. Jacob, of course, frequently takes off his shirt. Although they censored it because it's BYU, he still tore his shirt off and threw it into the audience and...I CAUGHT IT! I CAUGHT THE SHIRT! It was probably one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me. It was extremely exciting. I was told that I could keep the shirt, and so I did. It's hanging in my closet. 
Most of my weekend was spent in the company of the boys from Broadbent 23. I like them a lot. Most of the time. Some interesting things happen over here. Such as this. This is my life. I hope you enjoy it!

I love you all. 
Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment