Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Little Things

Yes, yes, my last blog post was depressing, and my family is now concerned for my mental health.

But today, I've really been appreciating the little things.

Like all my family members trying to encourage me and lift my spirits. I love you guys.

You see, today was WARM. It was in the 50's, at least. Do you know how amazing it is to walk outside, expecting an overcast sky and a freezing wind biting at your face, and instead feeling the warm brush of sunlight on your cheeks as you gaze up at the clear sky? I felt so hopeful today. Winter is so gloomy and depressing, which probably explains my miserable attitude recently, the but today was lovely and warm and full of promise. I sat on the balcony of my building to study today. It may be cold tomorrow, but spring will get here eventually!!!!

Another neat thing: My very old, very male Humanities teacher made, not one, but TWO Jane Austen references today! The first was about Northanger Abbey, probably her least famous and least popular book, but I read it, so I got the reference. I wonder if anyone else did. Then, he played a clip from Pride and Prejudice. No, not the Keira Knightley one, and not the Colin Firth one either. It was a version I hadn't seen before! Now, I've seen four versions of Pride and Prejudice, and the one he played just happens to be on Netflix, so by next week I will have seen five. Ooh, I should make it a goal to see every version out there before I die. The question is, does Bridget Jones' Diary count as a real version, or not?

One more: Today, I was in the Wilkinson Center, and I saw a little kid, maybe nine years old, carrying the 6th Harry Potter book. You see, all you doubters and critics, Harry Potter will never die. The next generation is falling in love with them. And you can bet that my children/nieces and nephews will read them. Harry Potter is pretty much the best thing ever.

Well, I found out that the P&P I watched in Humanities is also 5 hours long...it's worth it.
Oh, here's a good quote from Caroline Bingley (in the movie): "I wish I smiled more, but at what? Life is so dull."
Which is why Mr. Darcy picked Elizabeth over her. Ha.

Yep. Today was a good day.
I feel happy of myself.
Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment