Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mi Vida

I haven't posted for a long time. You know why? Because I can't think of what to write about!

I could write about my Spanish class. I despise my Spanish class. Not because I don't like Spanish, or the work is too hard, or because I hate my classmates/teacher. No, Spanish causes me stress because it's every day. And twice on Thursdays. So I have Spanish six hours a week. Now every time I hear the Spanish language, I get a stomachache. Except when I listen to the song Dimelo. I freaking love that song.

I could write about Valentine's Day. I freaking love Valentine's Day. Not everyone agrees with me, I know. It is kind of cheesy, but I love the idea, and it's just so sweet. I mean, when Julia Roberts flies for 14 hours just to visit her son? And Ashton Kutcher and Jennifer Garner were such a cute couple. What made it work was that all of the stories were connected, so that even though there were so many different love stories and a huge cast, it made sense and was enjoyable.

I could write about my friends' new web show. It's ridiculously funny. There are three episode so far. You should watch them right now. There are some inside jokes, but it's mostly just random hilariousness.







They have a new episode every day. You can continue to watch them here.

I could talk about dating some more, since that's really all I talk about. Valentine's Day is coming up next Tuesday. I sometimes express vocal disapproval of the holiday, but I'm not going to here. I guess it's cute that there's a day set aside just for people to express their love for each other. My friend Rob asked his girlfriend out for a Valentine's date by giving her a rose. How cute is that? When he told us, I very loudly said "AWWWW!!!!!" which caused Bryant to give me a dirty look. So if you don't have a "significant other," how do you spend this day of love? 
Well, since at BYU most dates are just random "who can I go out with tonight?" search-through-the-ward-menu-directory dates, maybe on Valentine's Day you could ask out the person you like (normal weekend dates are usually accompanied by this thought process). Then it's still special, and you don't have to feel like you're celebrating Single's Awareness Day instead 
Or you could just treat it like a normal day. Your choice.
Valentine's Day can be ridiculously awful, or really adorable and nice. It's all about attitude!
I really want to watch that movie again...

What else could I talk about? Oh, my friend Bryant is going to change the world. True story.

I could write about the CRAZY week my friends and I have been having. But I'm not going to.

So I can't think of anything else.
Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment