Princess

When things are horrible--just horrible--I think as hard as ever I can of being of princess. I say to myself , "I am a princess." You don't know how it makes you forget.
-A Little Princess
"It's true," she said. "I do pretend I am a princess. I pretend to be a princess so I can try to behave like one."
-A Little Princess

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and...I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happiness on April 11th

I am very, very, very happy today.

Like ridiculously happy.

Why am I so happy? A variety of things.

Last night, I came home from work at 1:40. I'm usually happy after work, because I love my coworkers and my job and stuff. Monica was in the kitchen watching the latest How I Met Your Mother (which made me angry because things aren't turning out the way I want them to.) After she finished we were just talking in the kitchen, when she decided to look up this band everybody and their dog has been obsessing about. We'd seen a couple of videos, and were mildly impressed, but it required some further research.

She discovered that they'd performed on the Nickelodeon TV show iCarly, and the episode in question was available to watch on YouTube. Twenty minutes later, we were in love. It doesn't take long for an obsession to hit. By three thirty, we'd watched all of their music videos, listened to a couple of more songs, and I'd bought their album on iTunes. Then it was figuring out all their names, looking at pictures of them on Google images, and reading their biographies in the special edition album fun page. Our next step is to be able to pick out which guy is singing which part just by his voice. I'm already getting pretty good.

In case you're wondering, our favorites are Liam and Niall. Because they are so cute.

So after that little adventure, it was time to write our Greek and Roman mythology papers. It was hard to stay completely focused, since beautiful boys were singing love songs to me from my computer, but I got it done!!!! By 6:30!!!!! At that point, my other roommate Mikaela poked her head into my bedroom:

M: I noticed your light was on, and I figured you would still be awake.
E: Yep. Have you gone to sleep?
M: Nope! You?
E: Nope! What time is your earliest class tomorrow?
M: Nine o'clock. I'm gonna die!
E: Yep! See ya later!
M: Bye!

Yep. It definitely feels like end of the semester.

Speaking of which, I'm in my very last class right now. My very last class of freshman year. Wow. It's almost bittersweet...

No, that's not true. It's just sweet. I'M ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight, we have a ward party with a slideshow and then (hopefully) we can set off Tangled lanterns. But it looks like it's about to rain. So we may not be able to do it again. I'm praying though! What a perfect end to the day that would be. PLEASE DON'T LET IT RAIN!!!!

Oh, back to my morning. I fell asleep around 6:30, and then I woke at 9. It was the first time I woke up at 9 in a very long time. And I woke up feeling good. I took a shower, started another paper, and then took a half hour nap. I felt a little groggy, until I put One Direction back on. I finished that paper, and danced around my room to get ready for my 12:00 class.

I made it to all my classes today, turned in all my papers, and I'm starting to feel a little loopy, but I am still so, so happy. I probably should take a nap before work so I don't die, but I don't want to go to sleep and crash. Let's see how long my adrenaline holds out, shall we?

For all of you people who are even more behind than I am, here is the song that has kept me going today:


So beautiful.

'Kay everybody, I am so, so close. I have to pack all my stuff, take my finals, and hug everybody goodbye. Geez, I'm really going to miss a lot of people. But I'm ready to go home. Actually, I'm going to England.

One more rant: This stupid boy band totally destroyed my Single Lady thing. I just want to be loved now. I hate it. I am really angry, but I'm too infatuated with them and their music to really care. They are so wonderful.

Love you all. So much. I also feel a little drunk.
Your dearest, truest friend, the lovely Princess Emily.
That's right, I'm a Princess, not a hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment